Friday is the best day of the week. My school kids are willing for something sweet today. Something that would make them salivating. Best and simple dough of doughnut, i will share to you today. Somehow, just because i cut them with cute cookie cutters, i got more doughnuts in a batch. If you use regular doughnut cutter, you will have 6-8 doughnuts. Circle doughnut cutter is no longer a hype for my kids, the need another one. So i use elephant and catterpillar cookie cutter. Areng they cute or what??!
Anyway, you should know im a trus yeast freak. I love to watch growing yeast in a cup of sugarry warm water. The scent of activated yeast is so addictive. Who’s agree?
And to satisfy my addiction, i always capture it in time-lapse video. Watch it here now.
Crazy right? Bubbly , growing and yeasty scent, I LIKE!
Gonna give you the recipe now.
Doughnut dough (yield 6-8 regular):
1/2 cup warm full milk
1/2 cup warm water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tablespoons dry yeast
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 cups all purpose flour
Beating the dough in a mixer:
1. Important thing you have to do first is to activate the yeast. Use some of the sugar from the recipe and put in to the warm water, and sprinkle the yeast into it. Let it rest for 3-5 minutes, if you got a bubbly or foamy yeast like in the video, means you are ready
2. I put everything to the bowl. And use dough hook to mix it. No fancy things, just put everything include the yeast mixture and beat them, slow to medium speed until the dough is pulling over from the bowl.
3. Its a sticky kinda dough, dont panic. It is what it is. Prepare a bowl, wipe it with oil so the dough wont stick. Put the dough to the bowl and let rest for 1 hour.
4. No need to punch the dough, will stick on your hand, trust me. This dough isnt that forgiving. But still, its the best dough that suits me all these time. Fail proof.
5. After the dough rised up, like doubled, time to roll it. Flour your surface and roll the dough. Then get your cookie cutter and do your job.
7. And now you can deep fry them. Done!