Back again with an after school treat recipe. Been a while right?
Anyway, lets talk about Oreo. I mean, who’s the genious that invented Oreo? Oreo is magical. It cannot goes wrong. Everything you made with Oreo, never fail. Im gonna bake something really simple, the most basic cookie recipe with crushed Oreos. Yep, when i bake them, the house smells like heaven!
I crushed the Oreos by my own, but you surely can find crushed Oreo on baking store. My opinion, those on the store are way too smooth. I love big chunky Oreos inside my cookies. It would made my cookie gooey.
So here it is, the recipe for you to try. Kids love them so much they cant stop munching!
Oreo Cookies (yield 20-23 cookies):
12 coins of original Oreos, put them on plastic bag and crush with rolling pin
1 1/8 cups all purpose flour
1 big egg, room temp
1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 cups light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180c.
2. Put the paddle attachment and whisk butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes
3. Reduce speed to low and add in the brown sugar, mix to medium speed until well blended. Next, mix in egg, vanilla extract and baking soda.
5. In two batches, pour the flour into the batter and mix well in medium speed, dont forget to scrap the bowl.
6. Last, stir in the crushed oreo in low speed so you will still get big chunks of oreos, yumm!
7. Scoop the batter 1 tablespoon each and arrange them to your baking tray. Dont forget to prepare the baking paper so they wont stick.
8. Straight to the oven for 6-8 minutes or until the edge is browned. Dont get them way to brown to the centre , otherwise they’ll be to dry.
I never chill my cookie dough before i bake them. And they always goes well. So, straight to the oven!
Anyway, for the oven, i use the fan. So the baking time might be different to the non-fan oven. And i use gas oven. It doesnt really necessary to turn around the pan half bake because of the fan. The heat will spread through it.
Cookies never fails. Specially when you have big chunks of Oreo inside. Make sure it isnt overbaked. You’ll get a crunchy edge cookie but gooey on the centre. And its gewddd! Serve when its cooler, dip into warm milk or just bit it instead , yumm!