Helloo, my dear friends!
Bananas can be dramas when its waaay too ripe. Its gonna be browned so ugly , fruit flies flying around til we just want to throw it to trash. But wait, those ripen bananas actually will make great banana bread. Specially when you mixed it with chocolate. Banana and chocolate. Kids will love them due to the massive ingredients of chocolate powder and chips. They can barely know that there is mashed banana inside. Super sweet, chocolatey banana bread everyone would love.
I will share you the recipe, no machine needed. Just fork or spoon and a stainer to sift. And, its one-bowl-ready.
Chocolate Banana Bread:
3 ripe large bananas, mashed
1 large egg, i used red egg
1 cup all purpose flour, sifted
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 cup chocolate chip, semisweet
1/2 cup raw cacao powder, any cacao powder will do
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 175c. Prepare loaf pan. Brush with butter or non stick spray.
2. Mashed all the bananas. The more it rippen, the better.
I do mashed them just with fork. I found them super easy and there still chunks on it. Im not using food processor for this.
3. Mix in the egg.
5. Add vanilla extract. Well, i use vanilla extract quite often to all my baking recipe. Its just nice to find a hint of vanilla flavour inside the bread or cake.
6. Now, stir the brown sugar. Brown sugar will add caramelized flavour much nicer than white sugar. So make sure you dont substitute this one with white sugar.
I chose to use semi sweet chocolate chips. You can use dark chocolate chip if you like.
9. Aaand done. Super simple right? This recipe is great for parent-kid baking activity. Let the mashed the bananas, stir the chocolate chip or maybe lick jussssssst a little of the batter.
10. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the surface is dry and a bit bouncy. If you dip a skewer, there will be a little bit of batter on it. But its okay, because it really moist and will harden up when it cools.
Its a bread, its a cake, its gonna be a great ice cream cake base. But for now, i will just enjoy every slice of it.