Avocado for me is so appealing. The buttery, creamy feeling in my mouth had never fail me. Once it ripe, you can do anything with it. Spread on toast, sliced for salad, or just mix it with cacao powder and brownies be it.
Avocados were meant to be on counter top. But somehow, when its too ripe and you dont have time to even touch it, its pretty disappointing. Fear no more, scoop em and store in freezer. Will last for 3-4 months on a zipper bag in freezer. Whenever you need creamyness for your smoothie, just grab and blend.
This ‘high in potassium’ fruit was my children’s biggest enemy. Why they hate it, still a mystery. Thanks to some recipes i found on the internet, they gave me an idea to dare myself to bake something very surprisingly good! Avocado and chocolate were bff ever since. But to bake avocado brownies, never cross my mind.
My kids would never knew that avocado can be this yummy. Lucky me, they never got bored with chocolate. So when they tried the avocado brownies, they munched all day! Oh yeaaa! I feel like a champion, always, when i can make my kids eat fruit.
So to other moms and dads out there, try this recipe. Your kids will loveeeeeeeeee the brownies. Its really healthy, like we have to give to our kids since they were young. Yes, very important. Start them young, parents!
The avocado have lots of benefits for us. Its high in fiber, lowers bad cholesterols, and the most important is it promotes good bones.
So here’s the recipe:
1 1/2 large avocados, or 2 mediums
4 large eggs, i use red egg
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour, sifted
1 1/4 raw cacao powder, sifted
1. Preheat your oven to 140c. Yeah i know. Its a bit cooler than usual right? Trust me, we’re gonna bake them slow.
2. Mashed the avocados with fork.
You can use the hand mixer the mashed it if you want. But i enjoyed mashed them with fork. Its, its just nice. Lol.
3. Mix well 4 eggs. Here i use red egg. But any egg will do. Big ones, okay?
At this point, you will think, will it be good? Will the kids love em? The answer is yes. Its a fudgy side of brownies. So any kids would love them.
Beat until just combine, make sure the eggs are loosen up.
4. Now its time to mix the sweet ingredients. I use white and brown sugar, while the real recipe calls for only the white. My opinion, brown sugar made better taste. Like almost caramelish.
Mix them well until no more lumps. At this point, i guess you can add some coffee into the batter. Because coffee and chocolate, they do great together. This time, i dont use coffee for my chocolate. So. Feel free to add some.
5. Last ingredients would the flour and cacao powder. Sift them well so kids will not munch any lumps.
I use raw cacao powder for the recipe. Just to make sure my kids got the most healthy ingredients i can get.
Now we are on that point when we should put down the mixer and grab a spatula. By folding the flour and powder into the batter, the brownies will not be tough.
So fold them well. Make sure you cant see any powder left on your bowl.
6. Pour the batter into a brownie pan. Dont forget to prepare the parchment paper. Just to make sure nothing gonna stick.
7. Bake for 30-30 minutes in preheated oven. Until you see dry surface. Or a toothpick come out clean.
Let cool and cut into squares.
Its beyond yumm. Avocado and chocolate in one pan. Baked.
Have a try and good luck! I hope you enjoy my blog.